8.04.2010

Music Playlist for a Summer Night

Just as pictures speak a thousand words, to me, music speaks VOLUMES!!  So here's a special playlist for a warm summer evening with a glass of wine, perhaps.  The mood may seem a tad somber or pensive, but nourishing to the soul just the same!  I guess it was just what my heart needed to hear.  Some of them are my most favorite songs.  Simply CLICK HERE to listen to the entire playlist of the following pieces!

Op. 21, No. 7 by Rachmaninoff -- performed by Anna Netrebko
I Saw my Lady Weep by Dowland -- performed by Andreas Scholl
Sposa son disprezzata by Vivaldi -- performed by Cecilia Bartoli
Thy Hand, Belinda by Purcell -- performed by Sarah Connolly
Alleluia by Randall Thompson -- performed by  Furman Singers 
Trisagion Hymn ("Holy God, Holy Mighty, Immortal One") by M.Berezovsk -- performed by Women's Chamber Choir of Kiev


And for those who hate classical music and opera, I haven't forgotten you:
So Far Away by Carole King -- performed with James Taylor

0 Comments/Questions:

Post a Comment