10.09.2008

Pumpkin Muffins...a big hit!


So, this past weekend we all gathered at my parent's house and had an
absolute BLAST with my sister's kids!! We had a great Afernoon Tea for the
ladies of the family and one of the activities was making these pumpkin
muffins from a Cottage Living Magazine recipe!!
And they've been the perfect snack for a preggo woman who loves to snack!!

Autumn is in full swing here in North Carolina as well, with cooler
weather, changing leaves, and the Mums are in full bloom.
The "Mum Bug" hit me as well--I haven't gotten to plant them yet,
but I bought them yesterday and will post pics as soon as I plant them!

My generous sisters showered me with maternity clothes and baby gear galore!!!
And seeing the infant carseat in the backseat on the way home and in the baby's room (which
isn't even decorated yet) REALLY made this pregnancy real for usl!
I have my 15 week checkup next Friday--so I'll post a pregnancy update then!!
But I've been feeling just great and don't have any major complaints so I'm not concerned!
Talk to you YA'LL soon, I hope!!


Ingredients:
3/4 c
White flour
1 3/4 c
Whole Wheat flour
1 1/4 tsp
Baking soda
1 1/4 tsp
Cinnamon, ground
1/3 tsp
Ginger, ground
1/3 tsp
Cloves, ground
1/3 tsp,
plus more
Salt
1 1/4 c
White sugar
1/2 c
Oil
1 small can
Pumpkin Puree
1 1/2 large
Egg
Some
Confectioner's Sugar, optional
Some
Nuts, chopped

Steps & Notes:
Note: There'll be some batter leftover if you're making the loaf pan, so you could make a second "mini" loaf if you have the mini-loaf pans or you can just make a few extra muffins with it!!
Note: The recipe calls for lots of Whole Wheat flour, but can easily be made out of white flour entirely, if you so choose.

Preheat oven to 350F. Grease & flour an 8x4 loaf pan OR arrange your muffin liners.
Sift/stir together flours, spices & salt.
In a large bowl, combine sugar, oil, and pumpkin. Beat at medium speed until smooth.
Add egg and beat till blended. Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet at low speed.
When well blended, pour batter into loaf pan/muffin cups.
Bake at 350F for 1 hour (15-20min for muffins) Toothpick must come out clean from center.
Let cool in loaf pan for 15 min (5 min for muffins). Remove.

Serving, Storage, & Yield:
Serve warm or at room temperature with coffee or tea.
Dust top with some confectioners sugar to serve...looks pretty that way!
Store in a cool place or in refrigerator for up to a week.
Yield: (1 loaf pan 8 slices) OR (16 puffy - 20 flatter muffins)
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments/Questions:

Post a Comment