6.05.2010

First Music Playlist!

Music...?  Yes, I enjoy more than just sewing, and thought I'd share some of my favorites with you!  I sang all through high school and majored in voice in college.  Unfortunately, I don't sing much anymore, but I love to listen to some GREAT music. I've been thinking the blog has been a bit "sewing-heavy" lately and that it should be a better reflection of who I am, and what inspires me.  So I'll try to post my favorites every so often for you to share a good listen with me!  Simply CLICK HERE to listen to the entire playlist of the following!

Sheep May Safely Graze BWV 208 by Bach  -- performed by Emma Kirby
O Mangum Mysterium by Lauridsen  -- sung by one of the best choirs I've heard perform it!
Hamsadhvani Raja (for the Bansari flute)  -- performed by Avi Adir
Single Ladies -- performed by Pomplamoose :-)
I'm Not Afraid   -- performed by Flemming and John
Iolanta Aria by Tchaikovsky  -- performed by Ghada Ghanem (not the best, but best video quality)

Some of the links are "serious" opera, which I thoroughly enjoy, but others are lighter stuff I enjoy as well.  The last song is a little known piece (until Anna Netrebko recorded it) which I performed in college, now a true favorite of mine! Enjoy, everyone!!!

Have any favorites you'd like to share with me!?

0 Comments/Questions:

Post a Comment